Rosie Seldon from NRG Expert, the energy market research company analyses countries with huge potential for energy investment and energy growth. This week NRG Expert reveals the top 3 countries to watch. For all the in-depth data you require on these countries visit www.nrgexpert.com
Top energy investment countries to watch:
China’s large population combined with its rapid expansion to world prominence requires vast amounts of energy investment and growth, overtaking the US in 2010 as the world’s largest energy consumer.
Top energy Facts China
- 70% of China’s energy is from coal fired power stations .
- China is the world’s largest coal consumer.
- China’s coal supply is expected to drop to 30% by 2050, signalling that huge energy investment is needed, especially in renewable energy.
- China’s renewable energy sources are planned to generate 15% of its energy (mainly wind and water) by 2020.
- Nuclear Power will be an area of large energy investment in China, soon rising to 86 gigawatts by 2020 then rising again to 550 gigawatts by 2050.
- China’s hydropower capacity is expected to increase by 50% to 300,000 megawatts by 2015, drawing in significant energy investment and increasing China’s renewable energy supply.
To find out which other 2 countries NRG Expert are keeping a close eye on, click here:
To access in-depth energy data on any country of your choice click here:
NRG expert provides country specific data and reports regarding energy investment, energy growth and energy analysis.
For related reports and more top energy facts visit:
Edgar van der Meer
NRG Expert +1 (416) 840-5847
+44 (0)20 8432 3059
NRG Expert is a London and Toronto based energy intelligence and energy market research publisher. NRG Expert provides top energy facts and analysis on worldwide energy markets, including electricity, natural gas, oil, coal, nuclear, renewable energy, biofuels, water and waste, and all elements of energy infrastructure. Providing energy data on over 200 countries including China’s renewable energy sources, India solar power, biofuels in Brazil as well as comprehensive energy investments information. source: Bloomberg,  source: Discovery News,  source: The Independent