Global Hydro Power Report – Market Research
NRG Expert provides a hydro power market research report which looks at the contribution of Hydro Power to the Energy Mix. The report contains a full hydro power analysis of hydro power developments, hydro power facts and hydro power statistics worldwide and by country. The market research outlines each country’s hydro electric generating capacity, its history, and its technical background. The report looks at the hydro power industry and the advantages and disadvantages of hydro power. Our analysts have also used this information to create hydro power forecasts – critical reading for anyone associated with this industry.
Key Reasons to purchase this hydro power market research
Using our hydro power statistics and analysis we have provided a hydro power report which enables readers to:
- Make informed business decisions through a clear global understanding of the hydro power market
- Obtain the latest hydro power statistics and data
- Get an overview of the latest hydro technology and hydro developments
- Forecast hydro power generation and review our analysts’ hydro power forecasts
- Design business strategies
- Prepare market size evaluations using our hydro power statistics and analysis.
- Manipulate the in-depth hydro power data
What’s in this hydro power report?
- The contribution of Hydro Power to the energy mix
- Hydro power generation capacity in each country
- Hydro power plants by country
- The history of hydro power and hydro developments
- Hydro technology
- Base load, intermediate and peak load
- Environmental concerns
- Regional and country profiles
- National policies
- And many other hydro electric facts
Background to this hydro power market research
The resurgence of Hydro Power
This new hydro power market research report looks at the global hydro market, the changes, hydro developments and hydro power forecasts. Following years of stagnation and bad press, hydro power generation is experiencing resurgence. Hydro technology with a lower environmental impact such as run-of-river, small hydro and low head turbines are proving to be extremely popular to both appease critics of hydro and meet energy needs. So much so that in the USA, the regulator of hydro projects, the FERC, has signed memorandum of understandings with five states to streamline the licensing of small projects. There has been an increase in pumped storage projects as a standalone option and retrofitted on to existing hydro power assets. As pumped storage is the most mature technology to store electricity generated from intermittent renewables such as wind and solar and then release it to meet peak demand. A large number of such projects are planned or under construction in the USA, China and Europe, which have a significant number of solar and wind projects installed or in the pipeline.
NRG EXPERTs in-depth hydro power report forecasts considerable growth in hydro capacity. In the worldwide hydro power industry an installed capacity of over 1,100 GW by 2015 is likely. Most growth is expected in the Asia Pacific region, especially in the growing economic power houses of China and India. Along with neighbouring countries which export excess electricity over their borders. Significant growth is also expected in Latin America.
For more hydro power forecasts, data and statistics, please purchase the full report:
Prod. Code: NRGHR1
Edition 1: 2012